Toasted Battered Chicken Sweet Chilli Mayo Wrap
By: Unilever Food solutions
You can’t go wrong with chicken, Knorr Professional Sweet Chilli Sauce and Hellmann’s Tangy Mayonnaise – especially when it all comes together in a taste, toasted wrap.
- Oil (as required for deep frying)
- Eggs (separated)2 pc
- Knorr Professional Original Chicken Breading 5KG200 g
- Sunflower oil30 ml
- Water200 ml
Coating for Chicken:
- Knorr Professional Original Chicken Breading 5KG100 g
- Cake flour250 g
- Chicken, breast1.60 kg
- Knorr Professional Sweet Chilli Sauce150 ml
- Hellmann’s Tangy Mayonnaise 2.5kg150 g
- Wraps (large)8 pc
- Tomato (thickly sliced)336 g
- Mixed herb salad leaves40 g
- Red onion (sliced)40 g
- Cheddar cheese (slices)120 g
- Pre-heat oil in deep fryer to required temperature. Set the egg yolks aside and keep in the fridge.
- Whip the egg whites until it forms soft peaks.
- Mix the remaining batter ingredients in a bowl and fold in the egg whites to create a batter.
2. Coating for Chicken:
- Mix together the Knorr Professional Original Chicken Breading and cake flour until combined. Put the coating flour in two bowls. Coat the chicken breasts in the first bowl, dust off excess and dip in the batter. Then dip them in the second bowl.
- Deep fry for ± 7 min or until golden.
3. To Assemble:
- Mix the Knorr Professional Sweet Chilli Sauce together with the Hellmann’s Tangy Mayonnaise.
- Heat the wrap on griddle pan to have the griddle lines. Place the battered chicken onto the wrap and fold once. Spread 5 ml of the sweet chilli mayonnaise onto the the wrap. Top with cheese, followed by the tomato, salad leaves, onions, and 5 ml more sweet chilli mayonnaise. Then fold in the sides and spread with 5 ml of sweet chilli mayonnaise and wrap it neatly and firmly.
4. Chef’s Tip:
- If you don’t separate the coating flour into two bowls, then your coating flour will be lumpy and will not give a Southern-fried texture.